Security at DataGovs
Last Updated: August 12, 2021
DataGovs Inc has a US-based team and supports customers from 9 am-5 pm (EST). We monitor the security of our service using 3rd party software libraries and if identified, we apply any relevant security patch as soon as released. The product team works closely with the engineering team to ensure all of DataGovs infrastructure is secure.
As a Microsoft Partner we host our applications on Microsoft’s Azure Cloud, DataGovs benefits from the security controls in place to secure our servers (https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/security/). In addition, we use Amazon’s Cloud for DataGovs Mobile application and services (https://aws.amazon.com/security/)
Product and Data safeguards
- Account and Access Controls (as a Data Governance Company) we consider ourselves experts here.
- SSL Everywhere
Audit and Logging
DataGovs maintains a comprehensive of all user and DataGovs activities including our integrations. This is all listed in a log for troubleshooting or support by all Full-Time employees.
- Continuous Integration and Delivery: we use GitHub for continuous integration. Every pull request that is merged is automatically subjected to a pipeline for test and analyst that the appropriate code is being merged.
- Peer code reviews: every pull request is reviewed by peers, whether it’s a new feature or bug fix. Security reviews are performed as appropriate for the work.
- Audits: At DataGovs we run bi-weekly regular code audits for security.
- User Testing: We do unit and user testing with real humans to inspect for quality experiences.
- FISA: DataGovs has never received a secret government request to hand over user information.
- Wire Tapping: DataGovs has never installed law enforcement software or equipment in our stack or network.
- Account Termination: DataGovs has not been politically pressured to close or terminate an account.
- Data Modification: DataGovs has never modified customer data at the request of law enforcement or a 3rd party.
- Data Handover: DataGovs has never provided any law enforcement organization a feed of our customer data.